The Best Fall Lip Colors & Where To Buy Them
By: Wanna's World
Arguably, Fall is the best season for fashion but it's also great for gorgeous, beauty looks that easily elevate any fit. When it comes to dark, vampy colours or muted looks with a hot smokey eye, it's best to rock them in the Fall because #mood. Whether you're a creamy, matte, glossy girl or everything in between the following list is for you. With the help of my wonderful Twitter followers, I've compiled a detailed list to suit all your Fall beauty, lipstick needs. Not only are the colours POC friendly, they won't break the bank. So let's begin shall we?
1. First up, @_nsolo on Twitter suggested a plethora of hot, beauty buys for the Fall. If you want to see the full list of picks, click here. However, I chose to focus on two of her selections from MAC. MAC has been a leader in cosmetics for various years and it has never steered me wrong. Ady noted that 'Film Noir' and 'Media' are must haves from MAC and will amp up your Fall look instantly. Both of these choices tote a rich, burgundy hue while 'Film Noir' comes off a little brown on darker shades. @cammiemark on Twitter also suggested, 'Sin' by MAC if you're in the business for deep burgundy. You can buy them online here or at a MAC counter near you for as low as $18.
- Disclaimer: I don't care what anyone says but bright reds are great for the Fall/Winter. Debate your Mama or your best friend. If you're in the mood to spice up your Fall #Lewk. Get your hands on some 'Russian Red' or 'Ruby Woo' (typical I know, but effective) by MAC.
2. Secondly, we have a shade I absolutely adore which is 'Cyber' from MAC. The following purple shade can do NO wrong as Cyber is a complete Fall stunner. It may not be for the faint of heart but if you want a pigmented purple, 'Cyber' is your girl. Twitter follower, @nellz76, also suggested a softer purple hue titled, 'Smoked Purple' available at MAC if you're not ready to commit to a darker purple like 'Cyber'.
3. Next, we have the lovely @asheyxkim who suggested the online favourite "Limbo" by ColourPop Cosmetics. Sporting a rich, matte brown hue, Limbo is on everyone's lips, literally. The brand is known for its amazing prices but they also have a great line of lipsticks that will cater to your monthly budget. For only $6, you can get a ColourPop lippie and amp it up for Fall. Click here for more.
- Note: If one lippie from ColourPop isn't enough. I suggest getting your hands on 'LAX' (rich red shade) and/or 'Rooch' (deep brown) to kick it up a notch.
4. Who says nudes are only for the summer? Not us. If you're into glossy lips, 'Gingersnap' by NYX is for you. This soft butter gloss looks great on any skin tone and provides a super fresh look when Fall gets a bit chilly. Another great suggestion at NYX is their 'Praline' gloss. Shop the looks online here or at a NYX store near you.
- Note: Finding the right nude for your skin is often difficult so I suggest going into your store or choice and have them test the colour on you before purchasing for the best result. If you're a woman with a deeper complexion, here is some #inspo to get you started.
- If you're feeling for some Fenty Beauty (who isn’t), I also suggest 'Fenty Glow', Gloss Bomb by Rihanna. The shimmery, rose nude is a universal fit for any skintone. Shop it here online at Fenty Beauty or in stores at Sephora.
- If you want more NYX in your life, shop the 'soft matte lip cream' by the brand. Not only do they start at a great price, they have colours for days to suit your Fall beauty needs. My favourites are: 'Vancouver', 'Transylvania', 'Madrid' and 'Berlin'. Which range from burgundy, violet to medium warm brown. Shop them here.
5. Last but not least, liners. Who doesn't love liners? If you don't, I suggest you buy some because your lip application game will improve tremendously. @e_ashakah suggested 'Ellaire' lip liner by ColourPop which is a deep matte cranberry. @buzzlikeLJ and @FlyGirlShai recommended NARS velvet lip pencil in 'Train Bleu' and the lovely @haulyuhass suggested a fan favourite, 'Nightmoth' from MAC. The great thing is ALL of these liners can be worn as lipstick as well.
6. Honourable Mention: Black Lipstick. If you're bold and edgy enough to don this Fall/Winter colour, I dare you to try, 'Black Night" by MAC and/or 'Satin Black' by Make Up Forever.
If you want to see other suggestions for Fall lip colours or want to add some picks to keep the list going: Click here and join the fun.
While you’re at it, follow me on Twitter. You won’t regret it.